To: Interested Parties
From: Pete Maysmith, SVP of Campaigns, LCV Victory Fund
Date: October 27, 2020
Re: Weekly LCV Victory Fund Update
We are one week out from Election Day and almost 70 million voters have already cast their ballots.
Between the completely illegitimate, rushed confirmation of Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court and SCOTUS’ undemocratic ruling on Wisconsin mail-in ballots with, as Vox said, ‘a potentially seismic reinterpretation of American election law,’ by Trump justices Kavanaugh and Gorsuch, the stakes of this election could not possibly be higher. Our democracy is on the line and our rights to breathe clean air, drink clean water, and live in safe and healthy communities are at extreme risk. We’re giving it everything we’ve got in the last week.
Field Updates – LCV Victory Fund GOTV Program
- For the final week of LCV Victory Fund’s $13.6 million GOTV program across Alaska, Arizona, Florida, Iowa, Maine, Michigan, Montana, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Wisconsin, we are finishing early vote and ballot chase and will be moving to election day GOTV by the weekend.
- Over the weekend we started a texting program to follow up with “Votetriplers” — supporters we spoke with over the phone who committed to remind 3 friends or family members to vote. Studies have shown that friend-to-friend GOTV contact can be more than 2x as effective at increasing turnout as traditional cold contact.
- In Montana, we have started calling voters whose ballots were marked undeliverable to make sure they know the process by which they can still vote.
- In Florida, North Carolina, and Maine, we are continuing to follow up with voters whose mail-in ballots have been rejected by the relevant elections agency to ensure they have the info to get their votes counted.
- Since our last update on GOTV ads and mail:
Results to date:
- Almost 7.8 million get out the vote calls
- Over 219,000 individual conversations with our targeted voters
Our GOTV mail, digital, and field programs in North Carolina and Michigan are part of the New American Jobs Fund, a partnership with United Steelworkers (USW).
Paid Media Updates
Over the last week, LCV Victory Fund started four new paid media campaigns:
- IA Senate – $800,000 TV ad campaign to defeat Iowa Senator Joni Ernst. Watch the ad.
- ME Senate – $50,000 digital ad campaign to defeat Maine Senator Susan Collins. Watch the ads: Used To; Convenient
- MT Senate – $1.15M TV ad to defeat Montana Senator Steve Daines. Watch the ad.
- NC Senate – $500,000 digital persuasion ad campaign to defeat North Carolina Senator Thom Tillis. More here.
- NM-02 – $876,000 joint TV ad with EDF Action Votes in opposition to Yvette Herrell’s campaign to unseat enviro champ Rep. Xochitl Torres Small. More here.
Active paid media campaigns:
|AZ||Presidential||Digital ads in opposition to Trump and Big Oil.|
|CO||Congress – 3rd District||TV ad in opposition to Lauren Boebert’s campaign against enviro champ Diane Mitsch Bush.|
|FL||Congress – 26th District||Spanish language TV ad in opposition to Carlos Gimenez’ campaign to unseat enviro champ Rep. Mucarsel-Powell.|
|FL||Presidential||Digital ads in English and Spanish to defeat Trump and elect Joe Biden and direct mail in English and Spanish in partnership with SOMOS PAC. Mail pieces: 1, 2|
|IA||Senate||Direct mail and TV ad in opposition to Sen. Ernst’s re-election campaign. New ad: “Nancy” ; New mail pieces: 1, 2, 3|
|ME||Senate||Digital ad campaign in opposition to Sen. Collins’ re-election campaign. Ads: “Greases The Wheels” ; “What To Expect”; “Convenient”; “Used To”|
|MI||Senate||Radio ad in partnership with NRDC Action Votes and direct mail campaign in partnership with BlackPAC in opposition to John James’ campaign to unseat enviro champ Sen. Peters.|
|MT||House – At Large||Radio ad in opposition to Matt Rosendale’s campaign against pro-environment candidate Kathleen Williams.|
|NC||House – 8th District||Digital ad in opposition to Rep. Richard Hudson’s campaign against pro-environment candidate Patricia Timmons-Goodson.|
|NC||Presidential||Digital ads in English and Spanish to defeat Trump and elect Joe Biden.|
|NC||Senate||Digital ads in opposition to Sen. Tillis.|
|NJ||House – 3rd District||Digital ads in opposition to David Richter’s campaign to unseat enviro champ Rep. Kim.|
|NM||House – 2nd District||TV ad in partnership with EDF Action Votes in opposition to Yvette Herrell’s campaign against enviro champ Rep. Torres-Small.|
|NV||Presidential||Spanish language TV ad in partnership with Somos PAC in support of Joe Biden for president.|
|NY||House – 2nd District||Direct mail in opposition to Andrew Garbarino’s campaign against pro-environment candidate Jackie Gordon. Mail pieces: 1, 2, 3, 4|
|PA||Presidential||Digital ads in English and Spanish to defeat Trump and elect Joe Biden.|
|SC||House – 1st District||Radio ad in partnership with NRDC Action Votes in support of the Lowcountry’s pro-environment Congressman Joe Cunningham.|
|SC||Senate||Radio ad and direct mail campaign in opposition to Sen. Graham’s re-election campaign. *NEW* must see mail piece: “Oiled”|
|TX||House – 23rd District||Radio ad in English and Spanish in opposition to Tony Gonzales’ campaign against pro-environment candidate Gina Ortiz Jones.|
# # #
Paid for by LCV Victory Fund, www.lcvvictoryfund.org, and not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.